Thursday, December 9, 2010

Tooth Decay Experiment Variables

A Fistful of mercy

'cuz you'll never know the reason
Why the seas rise and fall
You' ll never know the reason
Or if there's a reason at all
'cuz you'll never know the reason Why the sun shines
at all
You'll never know the reason
Why we each must one day fall

You find your way
To write your song
And come what may
I hope you find friends with whom you belong
I said I hope you find friends with whom you belong


(With Whom You Belong. Fistful of Mercy)


Mi piace andare ai concerti. Mi piace che dopo più di trent'anni ne ho ancora voglia, anzi ne ho sempre di più. Mi piace prendere la metropolitana poco distante dall'ufficio e uscire poco distante da dove ci sarà il concerto, venti minuti in tutto di viaggio. Mi piace perché mi ricorda quando andavo a vedere tutte le sere Bob Dylan suonare all'Hammersmith, facendo venti minuti di metropolitana from my hotel. I like to walk with people hand in hand employees are scattered and there is only us, those "concert". Like tonight this almost warm wind that sweeps the sky of Milan and it seems that instead of the winter is about to reach the spring. Like the first clash with squatters stalls, the smell of sausages and beer stalls. I like to enter the room, quel'odore unmistakable feel, think of the musicians in their dressing room. I like meeting people calling me by name and surname and I'll be damned if I remember their, names and surnames, and we talk as if they had always known. I do not like so much that my daughter, the baby, call me while I'm in the stage and they are attacking a piece of Bob Dylan so I have to go out because she lacks the Magone that Dad and I have to console her. But I love being a dad.

Last night I enjoyed a lot the Fistful of Mercy, the supergroup (?) Composed by Ben Harper , Joseph Arthur and George Harrison's son, Dhani . As one friend of mine last night, on this group if it has one, is that it de-lennykravizzato Ben Harper and returned to be what it really is, what times Welcome to the Cruel World and Fight for your Mind. Seemed to Stevie Wonder last night, moving awkward but relentless rhythm of the music that runs through powerful, black music, music soul. Acustca guitar, Weissenborn sidereal (as Arthur said, "hey you know what it means to be Jimi Hendrix playing in your band?"). Dhani, a tiny, ugualissimo his father in the voice and face: the day after thirty years since the death of John Lennon, a few days after nine years after the death of George Harrison, I'm looking at giving small legacy of the Beatles. How wonderful. Alternates with acoustic guitar, electric piano and, of course, is the most psychedelic Beatles and the band. Amid Josseph Arthur, the most talkative, the most caciarone, the most rock'n'roll. M remember when I interviewed him in 1997, his first album, he discovered by Peter Gabriel, a guy from Ohio who he laughed and would not bet dishci to do for a long time, but here it is. I remember that in 1997 also interviewed Ben Harper, when he still was not as trendy today which is a sort of super hero Pierluigi Bersani and also has an audience actually quite caciarone who last night were almost all there for him and have just broken fluttering balls between them on stage as if there had been none. Bah. Then he was a boy so he, too, we did not know what to talk about because I had sent to him at the last minute. We talked about God, and we smoked something.


seated together, were a feast of beautiful music. Acoustic guitars filled the dell'Alcatraz times better than ten heavy metal bands, perfect harmonies, Crosby Stills and Nash that either could not sing so out of tune. All their first and only album - there will be others, I know - that many ballads that lie at the heart, and a few covers luxury: Buckets of Rain by Dylan, compelling, sparkling, fun. To Bring You My Love PJ Harvey, rock, dense, glowing with an exchange of three electric guitar solos, long and relentless. Pale Blue Eyes Velvet Underground, I'm sorry but this is a song that only women can sing. Scandalous by Prince, funky and devastating as it deserves. During Restore me to Harper, Then, the three were let go too shrewd a resumption of Stayin 'Alive by the Bee Gees that ends up sinking nelel laughter of the three. Restore Me, which was the highlight of the evening with a Ben Harper seemed possessed the son of James Brown and Stevie Wonder. At the end of the three microphones and cables and let it come to the edge of the stage, snza amplification. Sing With Whom You Belong, which looks like a hymn of the Catskill Mountains. Switch places with each other, go forward and no longer want to stop, they invite the audience to sing along. It 'nice, very. I like it. "I hope you can find friends to stay, is a bell'augurio, what they are singing.

Like I needed that tonight a handful of mercy and I came home with a fistful of mercy, a handful of genuine mercy.

If you want to see beautiful photos of Fistful of Mercy in the concert, click here above.

0 comments:

Post a Comment