Sunday, January 2, 2011

Boxing Bob Xl Freestanding

An Italian in New York

What can I do with this eternal desire?
(from a song by the group of North African Tinariwen)

I'm not envious. Obviously, yes I am. I'm envious because Riro did what I never did either, now I am sure I will ever. No longer a boy, in fact, with a family "behind" your back, work started, in fact already passed the middle of the journey of our life, he left everything and a bit 'as migrants who landed on Ellis Island at the beginning of the twentieth century, has arrived in New York Cty. The Big fuckin 'Apple. Obviously, I am envious, I always wanted to do it myself, I remember that I dreamed of and a companion sucola in high school, do it now just short of majority. I moved from my hometown of only 146 km (from slot to slot), he Riro, thousands of miles of NYC and went there, he created a work, which has the lead the whole family. of him I had already talked about here , because accidents, in addition to the discs also writes books, and beautiful. Yes it's official: I am envious.

And since he was already in Italy Riro Maniscalco was a music lover, he honed in New York even more his passion for music. Discs had already made several, this - my first review in 2011, and the last album that I listened again in 2010 - has deepened my approach to his music. Sketches of You is called, which is already a good title, which brings to mind a certain Sketches of Spain. Then that even his name is already a fine program: Maniscalco, the Carpenter, as the extraordinary song, If I Were A Carpenter. More or less. Sketches of You is a collection of "sketches" sound, or almost. There in a very remarkable taste for melody, emerging of the many plays that Riro has done in his life. It is sometimes reminded of the John Lennon solo altre tanti country singer dei più nobili. Ancora, certi pezzi mi fanno venir ein mente un gruppo che io amo moltissimo, i Great Swimmers Lake, abili autori di folk pop di classe. Chissà se Riro li ha ascoltati. E' un disco che negli anni 70 avrebbe avuto quotazione alta negli scaffali dei negozi e della critica che conta(va). Su tutte, metto la fascinosa I Wish, il brano che gode di maggiori interventi strumentali (opera del bravo Jonathan Fields) canzone che viene costruita su un crescendo incalzante di grande efficacia. E la prova vocale di Maniscalco è da antologia. Altre volte Riro si rifugia nella quiete di ambientazioni più intime, sussurrate, notturne. Si rifugia nelle corde tese di mandolino, dobro e banjo (Marco Zanzi, leggenda del bluegrass made in Italy) o nelle corde spesse di un violino, finanche una fisarmonica, per dar sfogo alla sua malinconia, di italian bluesman.

Ho messo a inizio di questo post una citazione dei Tinariwen, gruppo di tuareg "african rock" scoperti da Robert Plant. Perché quella frase, pronunciata da gente così lontana dall'immaginifico occidentale, dà il senso dell'unità di Cuore (che metto apposta con la C maiuscola) che alberga in tutti gli esserei umani. E'quello che fuoriesce dai testi delle canzoni di Riro. Testi che parlano, come intitola un pezzo del disco, di "signs (of an absence Presence), segni di una presenza assente. Come i Tinariwem come me che sto a Milano, come Riro che sta from Italian in New York, all we have in the Heart of a sengi absent presence, an eternal desire which can not do the math. In singing this, Riro smile ("Drop me a line send me a text message That is the way in 2010"), then I ((us) pulls in ("Pour me some wine, a shot ov cold vodka please, light up a cigarette for me ") and then says what is valid for all:" Tell me how nobody feels like the loving, the loving we're all longing for. "Already: How is this story that no one feels love, The love which we all aspire. "My need for love turns into heaven hell" says elsewhere, "Being Chased by a million ghosts." There is a cry that emerges clearly in the songs of Riro Maniscalco. It 's my cry, the cry of all: "And it's missing you, missing you, where are you now?". There is the sense of passing time: as a friend of mine always says, as the years go by and life becomes more difficult. How Riro says, "Time passes gently, and gently Takes vmy hand, tears dropping gently and you gently wipe Them All, hold my hand gently, and guide me through That Door." For when it comes to the end of the disc, that presence is no longer an absence. It 'a gentle hand to guide us in the running (hard, hard, bloody) the passing of time.


info, shopping etc:
www.itacalibri.it
www.bluesandmercy.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment